The last tip in our Facebook mini-series has has a twofold purpose: 1) convince you why your biz fo’ real needs a Facebook Business Page 2) encourage you to land said page fo’ free by entering the RKA ink Facebook Page giveaway on facebook.com/RKAink. (Click “Contest!” to enter.)
So, why exactly do you need a Facebook Business Page? I’m glad you asked.
The Top 10 Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Facebook Page:
1. Reach a wider audience – Facebook allows you to connect with visitors from across the globe, expanding your reach and putting you in touch with a whole new body of potential customers.
2. Learn more about your customers – Unlike personal Facebook profiles, Facebook Business Pages provide you with key insights and analytics that allow you to quickly and efficiently measure what your customers really want.
3. Solidify your brand identity – Facebook gives you countless ways to increase brand awareness, from your cover photo and tab windows, to full-width multimedia posts, highlights, and pins.
4. Promote your products and services – Customized tabs, sponsored posts, and Facebook ads allow you to plug your products and services with eye-catching promotions that invite interaction. Plus, you can pinch your ad pennies by targeting promotions to your ideal clients, putting your best stuff directly in front of the people who are looking for you.
5. Rank higher on Google – Facebook Pages (as opposed to personal profiles) are indexed by Google, giving you a big ol’ SEO boost and making it easier for your clients to find you in search engine results.
6. Create an engaged community – Your Facebook Page is the perfect place for your clients, fans, and supporters to come together and rally around your business, building brand loyalty and creating a sense of belonging that will help you keep your customers for life!
7. Instantly connect with your customers – By regularly posting news, updates, and promotions on your Facebook page, you keep your clients “in the know” about what’s happening with your business while nudging buyers on the borderline towards making a purchase.
8. Stay on top of your competitors – If your competitors aren’t using Facebook yet, it’s only a matter of time before they will be! Show your fans you’re one step ahead of the curve by maximizing your available social media tools and making it easy for your Facebook-loving clients to connect with you.
9. Drive traffic to your website or blog – Last year, Sephora launched a 15-Day Facebook campaign to drive traffic to their newly redesigned website: they succeeded, growing their fan base six times and recording more Facebook-driven website sales than ever before. If your website is the jewel in your crown, a Facebook page will only increase its sparkle!
10. Save money – Facebook Pages are free to open and you can begin advertising to your target audience for as little as $10. What are you waiting for?
I love Facebook Pages so much I’ve got THREE of ‘em. Hopefully you’re already a fan of facebook.com/Awesomepreneurship. Keep up with all things RKA ink on facebook.com/RKAink, where you best get your contest on! Ends today at midnight! And for updates on my art + activism in Latin America, check out facebook.com/RKAinLA.
Tip #35 for working with heart – get your biz a Facebook Page.